See below for a week-at-a-glance schedule grid and links to individual shows' websites!
Radio Bilingue : Weekdays - 2am to 8am
Radio Bilingue is heard across the United States via satellite and affiliate stations like WHWS. We are the sole radio affiliate in New York state, and the only station in the Geneva area that airs Spanish-language programming!
RB broadcasts a mix of music, news and information shows. Their full schedule is here (remember that the times listed are Pacific Time, which is 3 hours behind Eastern Time). The schedule of RB shows WHWS broadcasts is shown in green below. Tune in at 5-6am ET for Linea Abierta, their daily call-in talk/public affairs show!
The Takeaway : Weekdays - 8am to 10am
Hosted by John Hockenberry and Celeste Headlee, The Takeaway is a fast-paced, conversational-style morning news program, produced by PRI, the BBC and WNYC in New York.
It's live and in-the-moment. "Journalism in the raw", public-radio style. Tune in every weekday morning to hear everything you need to be ready to face the day.
Call 877-8MY-TAKE (869-8253) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to add your voice to the discussion!
Mid-Morning Reprieve : Weekdays 10am - 11am
Every weekday morning, Jake Longwell takes you on a tour of unusual and eclectic music designed to be perfect for at-work listening. From jazz to classical to new age to new wave, it's the Mid-Morning Reprieve on WHWS!
- Monday: The Jazz Scene The best in traditional and contemporary jazz music from the 1920s through the present. This program is ideal for both longtime jazz fans, and anyone who is just getting into the genre.
- Tuesday: Classics and Beyond A fresh new approach to classical music programming on radio. The show features the entire spectrum of "classical music" from early music straight through to the latest classical compositions. From orchestral works to experiments in electronic music, if it's classical, you'll hear it on The Classics and Beyond.
- Wednesday: Sounds from the Global Village Featuring traditional, folkloric, and contemporary music from around the world. You will hear everything from scratchy field recordings made during the early 20th century to the latest fusions of music and culture from around the world.
- Thursday: Jazz Progressions Designed for the more adventurous jazz fan. Every week, we feature some of the best in jazz/rock fusion, avant-gard, free jazz, acid jazz, and jazz-influenced electronica.
- Friday: Lake Air From the picturesque Finger Lakes region of New York state comes Lake Air. Every week, Lake Air presents an hour of "unique contemporary music". A music mix that is just right for relaxing, or as background music for any occasion. The best in contemporary jazz, new age, and acoustic music are blended to create a sound you're unlikely to hear anywhere else. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the refreshing sound of Lake Air.
HWS College Radio : All Week 11am - 2am
Starting at 11am, the students of HWS take charge and blast the airwaves with a raucous mix of rock, alternative and many other genres.
When no students are around, we play an Alt-Rock Mix from computer, freshly stocked with the latest music our crack team of music staff sifts through every week to find the best!
SPORTS for more info.
While class is in session, WHWS also produces the HWS SportsHour, a weekly talk show hosted by HWS students. It's about HWS sports as well as college and pro sports.
Featuring news, analysis, and interviews with HWS coaches and staff...plus reports from sportscasters live in the field!
Local News Updates
- 4:00pm State and Local
- 5:00pm State and Local
- 6:00pm State and Local
- 7:00pm State and Local
- 8:00pm State and Local
Links to WHWS DJ's Shows:
- The Global Egalitarian Initiative (Martin & Cassie) Mondays 4-5pm
- Stuck in the Psychedelic Era w/ The Hermit Tuesdays & Thursday Noon-2pm
- The Musical Renaissance (Martin) Tuesdays 4-5pm
- Dead Air with Meg & Claire Wednesdays 8-9pm
- No Snobs Allowed (Khalym) Thursdays 3-4pm
- Razz (Jordunn) Thursday 4-5pm
- The Epic Playlist (Evan) Thursdays 5-6pm
- The Lynda Starr Show (Youdlyn) Fridays 5-6pm
- Country Roots Sundays 7-8am
- The Jazz Scene Mondays 10-11am
- Classics & Beyond Tuesdays 10-11am
- Sounds from the Global Village Wednesdays 10-11am
- Jazz Progressions Thursdays10-11am
- Lake Air Fridays 10-11am
- Upstate Radio Theater Saturdays 11am-12n
- Juke in the Back with Matt the Cat Saturdays 9-10pm
- Jazz and More Sundays 8-11am
A history of our broadcast schedules: